Tuesday, October 17, 2006

菲比尋常

I dunno why but i watched 3 concert dvds all at one go today.

i had Sandy to spaghetti dinner, Stef Sun to work, and now Faye Wong to inspire.

perhaps it's cos no one was at home when i started. and when i start watching, no one can stop me. not even my sister's incessantly annoying tantrum to wana watch Ellen Pompeo whine in Grey's Anatomy.

i feel ashamed. largely because i havent listen to Faye in a loong time. slightly because i cant keep my eyes off the tv to concentrate on work when it's playing.

I love the way her voice is so multi-faceted, so multi-dimensional. so ethereal, so crisp. and her phrasing.
I love how she closes her eyes when she sings.
I love how she doesnt sell-out. The concert had absolutely no dancers. it's just the Voice and the stage designs. with occasional scene stealers from the costume changes and the musicians.
I love the arrangements. it made the songs sound brand new. Zhang Ya Dong is terrific.
I love the outfits. especially the second half white half-off-shoulder dress with the corset and callous hair.
I love the white piano. and the piano player.
I love the eye makeup which stayed thruout the show, with slight changes (like outlines) between outfit changes.
I love how uncompromising it is. people who dun like her wont. those who do like her will forever be converted.
I love how my dad is sitting quietly to enjoy it. total immersion and not slumber music fest i hope. Cold War now.






I hate how i have to wait at least another 3 years before i can see her live again. I shall save up enough to go HK to catch it. den another round in Spore.

for now, i shall look forward to 9 DEC. I shant go on about Sandy. all i can say is that Voice can sing anything and my heart will just drop and wither away.

No comments: