Tuesday, September 26, 2006

HADY MIRZA IS THE NEW SINGAPORE IDOL!!!
I blogged an entry but somehow there was an error.

but WHOOPEE!!!

I haven't catch the performance show, only today's result show.

It's a (not so)interesting finale
-Electrico performed as a great homage to local bands. Seeing JL having a great time and so in his element sealed my thoughts that JL is better off with a band. Hady seemed out of place, but at least he's trying and sounds great.

- I spotted tons of lip-synching. Energy was at it again (as usual), and they sand an english song with the idols. I thought it was a huge selling-out. And the top 12 did so during their medley. poor showmanship. worse production unit.

-Tanya Chua!!

-Taufik Batisah!!! I am keeping my goatee like him.

- Ken Lim smiled (finally).

- JL's fans were mostly chinese. Hady's fans were mostly Malay, with Taufik fans in them too (cause I saw that Taufik banner amongst the blues!)

-Mathilda sang the last line to the top 12 medley.



i forgot what i wanted to blog about because my mind is disoriented now. but here's a point.

I've always considered the possibilty of a judges' conspiracy, because all season they have been dropping hints of a JL win. I thought Singapore would not want another Taufik as an Idol. And this was the year when rock really had a representative in JL (instead of last year's gross SS).

So it came as a surprise when Hady (not Hardy) won today! I guess a large part of it was his great singing at yesterday's show. but it could very well be a sponsors' conspiracy! Consider the fact that Taufik was the glamazon to blaze covers and ads last year. consider the pin-uppy idol 7-11 needs to promote its drinks (JL prob needs to do some splashing of coke for that). And they can't possibly have a rock anthem for the National Day song, at least not in the next few years, however uber cool I think that idea will be. We need inspirational songs, the generic way. So in the end, Soul triumphed Rock, again.

that would explain the camera on Mathilda's hands during Hady's winning song. it must be a Nikon Coolpix.

or what's in Hady's mouth when he's singing. must be some Ricola because he forgot some words to his songs.

or the bling-bling on the usually undecorated Tanya Chua. Those Goldheart Jewellery can break her neck I tell you.

but what about the gaudy gold outfits during the Top 12's medley? Mathilda looked unfairly unflattering. that dress made her seem like in dire need for some Jean Yip treatment.

maybe that's just reverse advertising.


stay tuned for the Hady invasion at a local 7-11 / Starhub store near you.

No comments: