Sunday, September 03, 2006

Everwood 3:19 - "Acceptance"

[Cut to the Brown kitchen. Ephram is pouring him a glass of orange juice, when he sees Amy walking up to the back door and knocking. He walks over and opens it.]

EPHRAM: Hey.
AMY: Hi. I know it's late, thanks for letting me come by.
EPHRAM: Yeah, of course. Uh, come on in.

[Amy walks in and they both sit at the kitchen table.]

AMY: Can I ask you something??
EPHRAM: Sure anything.
AMY: Do you remember when you gave me this? (holding up the necklace he gave her)
EPHRAM: Uh, of course, we'd just gotten out of the movies. Uh, it was when that whole stupid STD test was happening.
AMY: Oh, right. Forgot about that. I was so mad at you that day.
EPHRAM: I know. I remember.
AMY: But I remember is you telling me that the circle represented infinity.
EPHRAM: Yeah, I remember that too.
AMY: I guess, I just don't know why you said that. I'm a little bit confused.
EPHRAM: Uh, why? Uh, exactly. I mean, how so?
AMY: Well, to me, when someone says infinite, it means forever. Y'know, not like a promise of forever, I didn't say that, just more like the possibility of a forever. I guess that I thought you thought that it was possible. You never did, not really did you?

[Ephram just looks at her.]

AMY (CONT'D): You bought the necklace after you wrote the essay.
EPHRAM: I don't know. Uh, maybe, I don't remember. Look, when I wrote that essay,
AMY: You didn't think we'd work. Remember that conversation too. And I remember feeling so confident that we would. I had no idea you were so not confident.
EPHRAM: No, it's not that. It's just I wanted you to have every possible option. When I said infinite, I meant it. I did always want you in my life, I still do in whatever way possible.
AMY: You mean like friends.
EPHRAM: Maybe. (beat) I mean, as friends, is better than not at all. Right?
AMY: So you never really thought we'd wind up together.
EPHRAM: You mean like married?
AMY: I know, it's crazy, I'm just asking.
EPHRAM: Umm, I-I don't know. Uh, I mean, it seems kind of unlikely, right?

[Amy nods tearful in agreement.]

EPHRAM: High school sweethearts. Kinda...
AMY: Small town?
EPHRAM: Yeah, I guess, it's just not the way that I grew up. Not what I'm use to. I don't know, maybe, uh, maybe part of me never did really believe that..
AMY: Believe what?
EPHRAM: I don?t know, uh, that you'd ever really love somebody that much, y'know, en-enough for forever.
AMY: You know what's funny about that, Ephram, is that I really did. I believed that. (beat) And what it is, this whole time, you've been thinking about me, always making sure that I'm okay, no matter what.
EPHRAM: Is-is that wrong?
AMY: No. No. It's just that I was always thinking about us.

[Ephram finally gets where Amy was going with the conversation and sinks his head. Amy holds up the necklace for Ephram to see and places it on the table.]

EPHRAM: I'm sorry.
AMY: Yeah. Me too.

[Amy gets up and kisses Ephram on the top of his head and walks out the door. Ephram just sits at the kitchen table]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Everwood is one of my favourite shows of all time. it's the best family drama there is. it's so well written it pains me to see it being snubbed every year at the Emmys. and finally, the series is comin to an end after season 4. it's one of the shows tt suffered after The WB(home of Buffy & Smallville) and UPN(home of ANTM) merged and timeslots werent enough for all the shows. there's the "save everwood" online petition goin on, but i doubt it will make a difference. i jus hope all 4 seasons will be out on dvd.

This episode was shown last Sunday. Ephram broke up with Amy some time ago when he found out that his ex-girlfriend was pregnant and gave up the baby for adoption. he wanted time to re-think his life. now he just wants to start things slow with Amy again by being friends. but Amy wasnt thinkin about that. she was confident that he's the one. and after an epiphany, she confronted Ephram and the above happened.

it was so painful to watch. especially when i was havin my head phones on and each word was comin through. especially when Emily VanCamp looked so heartbroken. i tink she's a talented young actress. together with Gregory Smith, both of them made teenage heartache look so real.

i guess u're probably confused by now. but it's seriously underrated. and it doesnt deserve the Sunday 10am timeslot either. it kills the mood. and it made me miss so many episodes. so go give it a try in a few hours time. u might not like it upon the first view, and think it's jus another 7th-heaven sorta rip off. but it's far from that. and if u've been watching as much as i have, i guess u'd prob agree with everything i said.

No comments: