Sunday, January 14, 2007

i realise my life is a huge in-transit;
i wait for the alarm to wake me up in the morning.
i wait for the train to pick me up.
i wait for the bank ladies at the queue.
i wait for the traffic lights.
i wait for The Beard (uncle Alvin, our delivery man) to deliver the goods.
i wait to place my orders.
i wait for songs to finish so that i can play my favourites.
i wait for results that will determine my future.
i wait for a windfall.
i wait for sms replies to supply me insight.
i wait for my employer to pay me, who is very ineffieicnt.
i wait for dawn.
i wait for the day to end so that i can go home and watch tv to rainy weathers.
i wait for sunny days when i'm not working to go swimming.
i wait for weekdays to catch my movies cheap.
i wait for friends to take action.
i wait for people to be more understanding.
i wait for Dreamgirls.
and then,
i wait for someone.

i do not want to wait any longer. yet when it comes to alot of matters, it's ironic how we can do nothing about it at all.

i've felt like everytime i wait, life is seeping deep underground. a lost time. a chance left to wither unworthily. a failure to grasp it by the neck and make changes while you can.

since the new year i've been having lots of plans in my head. i am determined to fulfil them. they say patience is a virtue. i say to hell with it.

on a brighter note,

RACHEL YAMAGATA IS COMING TO SINGAPORE!

yes! for the Mosaic Music Festival! i was SO excited when Ash told me this afternoon. she thought K T Tunstall was coming too (which was a false alarm) and got me so high. if they did come together, it's be a double wham-bam! i'd probably die of euphoria. but then again thankfully they're not. if not it'd be double-trouble as i wld have to eat big-pau ONLY for 3 months boo hoo.

so i missed Muse (i'm keepin my fingers crossedsotight that jeff wld have a reply from the record company soon regarding, gasp, free tickets). and Damien Rice. and Kings of Convenience. damit i'm not going to miss RY again this time! organisers of MMF, if u're reading, pls bring Fiona Apple, Bjork and Chet Lam here soon!

No comments: