Sunday, August 03, 2008

more Death Cab

Most people probably got to know of Death Cab for Cutie through this song, which is being played on local radio stations. Listen to the lyrics, because this is a tragic song about death and friendship.

I Will Follow You Into the Dark




For me, I discovered DCFC after listening to the Grammy Nominees 2006 or 2007 album. They were nominated for Best Alternative album for "Plans", and "Soul Meets Body" was the song in the compilation. I know i know, not exactly the most indie-cool way to discover an indie band, but good music is good music, whatever your means of attainin it. what matters is your appreciation and support for it. I remember hearing this song like a breath of fresh air in that entire album; so haunting and so poetic. i got the album soon after and it didnt disappoint. i was a fan from then on. this song remains one of my all-time favourites, along with Fiona Apple's "Across the Universe" and Bjork's "Joga".

Soul Meets Body
"a melody softly soaring through my atmosphere"

No comments: