Thursday, August 21, 2008

mee fen poster boy

"u're back in sch for wat?"
"oh, prom."
"AGAIN?!"


That's the usual response I get when I tell people that i am still involved in my sec sec prom. i've been getting this response for the past 3 years that i've been doing this, but somehow, recently, the same response that has been given felt like a sting more than anything. in the past, i would be proud and treat it as if it's nothing wrong or ashamed or shy about. now, i'm not so sure if it's the workload, whether i'm not the chairperson so my supposed responsibility to feel proud is gone, or that it has become a chore that got me feeling this way.

this year, i am also involved in jjc's prom. i agreed initially not knowing that it will consume me. i've since been tasked with an important role, and moving things along with the juniors seem like climbing a very steep mountain. towards JJC, it's not about a passion or a sense of loyalty to the school. i treat my job as a nurturing role for the juniors to guide them along. i see potential in them, but yet it gets tiring trying to inspire them, motivate them, or even get them to do things with their busy schedule. i'm also stuck in a position which warrents me no authority over them. personally, that is my challenge.

my passion of course still lies in CSS. this year i am not heading the committee, but still hanging around to help out just in case. there's many new faces, which is a paradox. we've always wanted new blood. but then i get worried that they might not be up to the challenge. therefore, that is, unknowingly, a challenge i have seemingly undertaken silently.

well, one of the plus points of going back to JJC is eating the mee fen, which is still selling at $0.80 / $1. but tt's not the main point. it's still delicious la.

5 years ago.


2 days ago.



anyway, i've got a new tagboard. i've kinda been wanting to know who is reading. so do tag along.

No comments: