Sunday, February 15, 2009

This just in




I know I promised myself not to put up so many youtube videos, but how can I do that when there's so many of them worth mentioning?!

I remember during Idol's season 3 finale when Kelly, Reuben, Fantasia, and Diana performed this song. It was the first time I've heard this Barry Manilow song, and wondered to myself: do they still write this kind of songs about dreams, reaching dreams, stars, and reaching stars?! I've come to realise they're writing more mundane stuff like Umbrellas and Poker faces these days. Not to say they're not any great, don't get me wrong. It's just that times have changed.

And seeing Hudson perform yet another personal career highlight, with the recent streak of great Superbowl-Pre-Grammy-Grammy performances, and now this NAACP show with Muhammad Ali, there's no stopping this girl and her impossible voice.

Listen, and you too would want to climb that "unreachable star".

No comments: