Saturday, February 21, 2009

Oscar predictions

Well, I can't call it a prediction because this is a list of my preferred winners. But of course, I hope I score a touchdown! hahaha


Best Picture: The Curious Case Of Benjamin Buttons
This is a tough one. But this film left a greater emotional impact on me over SM. Even though SM was vividly shot and provided the easier movie-going experience, had a great kid-chasing opening scene, with a kick-ass soundtrack and cute child actors to boot, TCCOBB has Cate. She anchored the movie more than Brad. And then there's David Fincher with his great vision.

Best Actor: Sean Penn
Until I see Mickey Rourke tomorrow, I am sticking with this one first.

Best Actress: Kate Winslet
I have to believe the hype, until I see the movie on Sunday.

Best Director: Danny Boyle, for Slumdog Millionaire
For the acute eye that captured India at its worst, yet managed to make it look beautiful and stunning. He made me want to go to India even if I have to keep my belongings in my underwear, never take off my shoes, and have to stop at every 2 steps because of the crowd.

Best Supporting Actress: Viola Davis, DOUBT
She sucked me in during the 10 minutes she was in the movie, together with her mucus and all. It was a powerful supporting role and a terrifically revelatory scene for the movie. I'm dying to see Penelope Cruz in Vicky Christina Barcelona next week, and I know she will be good. But I'm going with the performance that had me at the edge of my seat.

Best Supporting Actor: Heath ledger.
Need I say more? Heath. Ledger.


BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY
Frozen River, Courtney Hunt
Happy-Go-Lucky, Mike Leigh
In Bruges, Martin McDonagh
Milk, Dustin Lance Black
WALL-E, Andrew Stanton, Jim Reardon, Pete Docter

BEST ADAPTED SCREENPLAY
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, Eric Roth
Doubt, John Patrick Shanley
Frost/Nixon, Peter Morgan
The Reader, David Hare
Slumdog Millionaire, Simon Beaufoy

BEST ANIMATED FEATURE
Bolt
Kung Fu Panda
WALL-E


BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY
Changeling
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
The Dark Knight
The Reader
Slumdog Millionaire

BEST COSTUME DESIGN
Australia
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
The Duchess
Milk
Revolutionary Road


BEST MAKEUP
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
The Dark Knight
Hellboy II: The Golden Army

BEST ORIGINAL SCORE
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, Alexandre Desplat
Defiance, James Newton Howard
Milk, Danny Elfman
Slumdog Millionaire, A.R. Rahman
WALL-E, Thomas Newman

No comments: