Thursday, January 29, 2009

family love



my grandma, or in a Cantonese family affectionally known as "Ma-Ma". while taking this picture, Mama homourously commented: "我的 boyfriend", which resulted in this wide, and slightly embarressed smile.

Being the oldest grandson, i was doted on by everyone. loved, but not to the extent of giving me hundreds of dollars for CNY ang pow. when young, Mama will visit our old house in Bukit Batok Ave 8 (across the PIE from CSS), and she would bring me to the Central to get me the latest Ninja Turtle/Power Rangers toy.

I love my mama. but in this traditional family, we dont show love by telling them or hugging them. i try to do it in little ways, like greeting them, answering them when they asked a question, being respectful in general, and trying to talk longer to them whenever they called. and taking pictures is a small move forward in a way.

as much as i'd want to hear life stories from them, i guess it's about timing sometimes.

No comments: