Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Nepal

Dear all, pls take time out to read this.my dear friend "Nincompoop" Ruifen is doing this for a meaningful cause.

Dear friends,

For a few years now, I have been wanting to do something hopefully, halfway, earth-shattering to mark my youth. Something meaningful. (I must inform you that I've just graduated from Uni, almost in despair). The point is, I've always wanted a good cause to contribute towards, and I wanted for the cause to be sustainable and vital.

I've found it, a cause worth investing in. It is with an organization called Students Partnership Worldwide. An organization which will tackle development through youths, using youths. An organization that will give me the opportunity to go to Nepal for seven months to work with youths who lack proper access to important information and opportunities.

Part of the pre-trip excitement and anxiety (you can never tell, they come together) means that I had to set up a blog to detail the 101 thoughts I keep buzzing in my head all day about my upcoming life in Nepal. I am also fund-raising to support the organization that will send me there, so the blog will be a convenient billboard for me to advertise to potential Samaritans.

Therefore, since the blog is up, I boldly ask you to give my cause your attention, and for you to drop by for a visit. Its www.pledgingnepal.wordpress.com. Please excuse the core narcissism of it all, and read about one girl's desperation to go to Nepal, to understand another way of life. The contents of it won't be meaningful just yet, but I promise it will be, soon enough.

Most sincerely,
Ruif.

p/s. Pass it forward! Your forwarding this email, will cost you ten seconds, but will bring me much joyful moral support. Thank you!

No comments: