Saturday, August 05, 2006

milk.

i usually sip some milk before bed, while at the computer. milk keeps me calm. and plain ones smell great. tt soft fragrance tt keeps me going back for more, a cup after another. today i'm sipping malt-flavoured milk. it's delicious. it gets me ready for bed while consolidating my thoughts and purging everything tt's happened today.

i woke up late for work today. it was good to know tt at least there's still some use of me at work. i tot i wld be deemed obsolete now tt they already have 4 ppl(thou 1 is v new). i came in with a mindset: to get myself busy and make myself useful. and without having to do tt, i was made useful anyways.

school was interesting. i learnt to appreciate painting. it was sorta an eye-opener for me. perhaps not in the widest sense, but at least it got me interested and hopeful of wat's comin up in my course. as usual the coffee kept me alive, and time passed by quickly with coffee. Ah Dong was rite. it's nice to be doin something remotely interesting. my lecturer was rite. it's a Friday night, and it cant be wasted doin smthin totally un-fun. so at least it got me excited. but i can foresee a challenge comin. luckily i had a lil bit of background back in JJ. all thanks to Ms Latimer. so practical criticism was easier for me to grasp as compared to, say, yesterday's lecture on history of English.

my lecturer. he a self proclaimed Bob Dylan nut. he who plays Jack Johnson music for us while havin our break. he who wore a white shirt with messy, all-over-the-place, indecipherable black prints. but he's a cool one. lit teachers always have tt flair for speakin.

on my way to Clementi int, i met the most interestingly weird person. in a good way of course. a strange twist of fate i sld say. i wld have nv expected this, but i met one of the bankers from the bank at my workplace. this is so humourous, cos me and Shawn have been raving bout our respective piao4 liang4 jie-jie(PLJJ) from the bank everyday. we always tell each other who served us today, and how tt old-auntie Doreen nv smiles at us. we'd notice how our PLJJ tied their hair today, their mannerisms and how they served the weird customers if any, and tell each other bout it at work. so i talked to her bout the rest of the bankers, asked them bout their age and all. some of their age had to be kept a secret to protect the innocent. but i received my fair share of gossip. sadly our PLJJ are all attached, and my PLJJ is happily engaged. oh well. goin to the bank wld be so much fun from now on. =)

met Echo Cheong and Fairoz, my BMT mates for supper at Mac. i'm grateful we still kept in touch, despite it being a good 1.5yrs since we left BMT/ Sispec for our separate ways. i missed them. their wit, their humour. tankfully we'll be meeting again tml for late night movie, together with Mr Keay.

over bath, i had a thought of wanting to write a Grateful List. a list of things/ppl i'm grateful for. i haven been feeling very confident lately. and being the passive person i am, i usually jus discard all worries as junk and try not to solve it. it's weird how some ppl say i think too much. when in fact, i dun tink enough. not enough solutions to solve wat i deem as problems at least.

without interrupting my sleep/mood, off my mind here's a few things i'm grateful for.
-good friends like PY/MH and gang, who were there for me, unexpectedly, when i needed help.
-a roof over my head.
-my colleagues at mj. who showed me more in a few mths than ppl whom i've known for years.
-my sister, for always helpin me record tv and lending me money, no matter how i treat her like trash. (but i make up for it by payin her interest willingly and bringing back cds/dvds for her)
-living in Spore.
-my years in CSS. one of the best yrs of my life. i had strong beliefs despite my tender age. i had ppl whom i learn from constantly even till today. i've had a great education. i've had the best company ever. i felt alive.
-tt i have a good upbringing.
-my bed.
-my cds. they keep me alive.

tt's all for now. i gotta go to bed. long day tml. gotta be at Parkway Parade at 11am.

No comments: