Wednesday, September 03, 2008

change




i find it sad that someone has to change himself/herself in order to suit a boyfriend/girlfriend. i am not a believer. gradually, and in recent yrs, i've come to believe that i do not have to be whatever u want or do not want me to be. i live by my own standards. i lead a life answerable only to myself.

the name of my blog says it all.

i dun believe i am being selfish in saying that i lead a life that is "answerable only to myself." i know how at times, actions create repercussions in others lives. like how buyin that last piece of chocolate bar denies someone else of it. like how my parents will be sad if i pass away, touchwood, or met with an accident. like how an act of betrayal creates hurt for the third party. i guess what i am sayin is, i do not have to conform to others' standards, not making other people miserable as a result. but i do think that satisfyin myself, and making that a life mission to be happy, is selfish in a very faint, yet puzzling way.

k, i hope i am making sense again.

change is not necessarily bad, if u're changing for the better.everybody's changing, everything's changing. so why do we need to stay the same? but change for yaself, not for others. have dignity and morals, without regrets nor guilt.

No comments: