Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Convocations!








I attended two good friends' convocation last weekend. It was my first ever and it was a whirwind of cam-whoring and more. Budding photographers Becca Bee Fuying Lixin Jenni all had their cameras armed and loaded, with the exception of mine. Perhaps I've gotten over the need to document events with my small camera, since so many others are doing it. I'm waiting for the day I get my hands on a DSLR to snap the world away again. One thing that doesnt change though is my camera's short battery life. It stopped prematurely on the second day after a mere 6 photos. damn.

Somehow it was so much fun I found myself laughing alot that day. I think I am lightening up again, which is a good sign even though my lame streak has resurfaced. ha!

Congrats to Lixin and TallOne! frens forever!

_______________________________________________________________________________


A pair of 12 year old Aussie twins wrote the following. This is an excerpt from an article they wrote. To be able to write so well at such a tender age. Makes me wonder what's the difference between them and our local kids.

"We are rapidly becoming a "checkout community". "How are you today?" we ask, but there is no eye contact and we don't really care.We all have the daily grind of going to school or work, but that's not really living, is it? You may as well just sit and wait for your coffin to be delivered.

If you want to add value to your life, you have to put the effort in.

So read the local paper and see what you can join, chat to someone at the shops and invite them round for tea, get together with neighbours and clean up a park, and shape the future by being a living, breathing example to them."
-
Identical twins Imogen and Freya Wadlow, 12, run the Planet Patrol website for kids, located at: www.planetpatrol.info.http://www.smh.com.au/news/opinion/lose-the-shiny-plasma-tv-and-find-your-community/2008/04/30/1209234954729.html
___

No comments: