Saturday, January 22, 2011

American Idol s10 is ON!

"16-year-old Robbie Rosen took his time with his breathy version of "Yesterday," inspiring Randy to expand his vocabulary ("marinated") and J. Lo to limit her own while waiving the entire voting process ("No. Hollywood. Bye.") Hip synovitis kept Robbie wheelchair-bound at a young age, but now he's fine. I loved how he didn't feel the need to mention his tragic past in front of the judges, then quickly remembered that of course, the judges always have their cheat sheets so they already knew. I always wondered how people's different sob stories are designated on the cheat sheets. I mean, I'm sure the cheat sheet is probably in English and includes words like "kindergarten" and "wheelchair," but I like to imagine that they use pictures instead, for ultimate ease and efficiency. So it's just generic clip art of a wheelchair (physical affliction), coffin (loved one lost), map of the U.S. with an X over it (foreigner), smiley face (slow learner), rainbow bashfully scooting under a cloud (stealth gay), or tiny campfire (convicted arsonist). Maybe these were Paula's cheat sheets. I'm kidding/I love Paula." - EW's Annie Barrett, on the recap of the premiere of American Idol s10.


HILARIOUS!

No comments: