Monday, March 10, 2008

"I FEEL ALIVE!!!"

that's the phrase the lead got us to shout out twice in the entire show. BROKEN SOCIAL SCENE KICKED HARD ASS MAN. i first heard of them on the Half Nelson soundtrack, thinkin that they'd be some soft-emo band. turns out they're a rollickin bunch of middle-age man who seem like they've been rockin for the longest time! only 6 turned up tonight. One looked like a skinny Will Ferrell, one had antics and small actions tt reminded me of The Doors frontman, with those slithery hand actions and KT Tunstall album cover-esque poses. The lead reminded me of a rocking Damien Rice, the trumpet player reminded me of Masi Oka. thou without Feist or Mas Silamat, as the voice-over at the beginning cleverly puts it, it was one of the best gigs i've been to.

The concert hall was fully booked. from the first voiceover, u sorta knew it's gonna be great. Never in my life have i seen an audience that willingly stood up without prompting even before the first song came up. my seats were the second closest to the stage, and i could see every single action the members made. we got it at a good $62 bargain, all thanks to Ms Ivy. We gave two 1min long cheering led by the band. THE CROWD WAS HYSTERICAL. i never expected so many fans in Spore.

basically Broken Social Scene derived its name from the state or relationships nowadays. i snapped some pretty nice pic, but somehow cant post them up today. will post more once Ms Ivy sends me her delicious DSLR pics. i sld get one myself. BEST CONCERT OF THE YEAR SO FAR!

next up, it's time to invade the SIFF!!!!! I'm Not There!!!

(Singapore International Film Festival)

No comments: